Who we are and What we offer
Lamor is one of the leading global providers of environmental solutions. Our solutions and expertise are designed to protect the environment and ecosystems. Lamor strives to respond to the growing global environmental awareness that creates demand for sustainable solutions for soil and water clean-up. Our vision is a clean tomorrow, where future generations will enjoy clean water and clean soil. At Lamor you may join this meaningful growth journey together with us.
We offer you challenging opportunities with significant service and capex tenders and projects around the world as well as growth opportunities in a global, multicultural and friendly community. You will contribute to the development and enhancement of Lamor’s sustainable solutions as part of the inspiring purpose and commit an ambitious team at the prospective location of the entire organization.
Your part in Lamor’s journey is to develop and implement our sales growth on environment protection especially oil spill response services and capex projects globally. You will be creating cost estimates, completing and correcting technical and commercial offers, supporting contract negotiations, and overseeing and developing our proposal process and tools and templates. May also include feature and benefit analyses. To ensure success as a Proposal Manager you should have prior experience with project management and knowledge of similar roles. An accomplished Proposal Manager will be someone whose expertise translates into good customer understanding, internal collaboration and a diligent way of working.
Your main responsibilities
- Manage building proposals and accurate cost and pricing models (including investment & cashflow calculations) in collaboration with Sales and other internal stakeholders according to the relevant sales & proposal process.
- Mainly focus on complete solutions and service projects, within the Environment Protection Portfolio
- Review and understand customer’s / tender expectations in terms of scope of supply and deliverables e.g. technical specifications, economical and legal requirements and remain the central interface in the communication with sales during the bidding stage
- Form proposal team and prepare proposal specification, action plan and schedule together with portfolio manager and front-line sales
- Manage proposal preparation, cost estimation, risks and proposal reviews
- Manage proposal documentation and tools as well as cost & profit estimation parameters
- Support collaboration between stakeholders and organize needed support
- Follow-up proposals
- Attend proposal management meetings and other internal development tasks
- Support proper handover to delivery organization project execution
You report to Director, Proposal and Estimations Management
Employment type: permanent/full time.
Location: Hybrid working home office & Porvoo, Finland or potentially another Lamor operating hub.
Keys to success
The best combination of experience, skills and personal qualities for the position
- Technical Bachelor or Master degree
- 5+ years of related experience with a preference for roles in tender/proposal management, project management, service and/or sales in a related industry
- Fluent in English; other languages such as Finnish, Swedish, and Spanish is considered as an advantage
- Understanding of relevant oil spill response/environment solutions and services offering or experience from similar global solution and services sales and projects.
- Previous exposure in developing or handling industrial investment or long-term service agreement projects as well as cost build-up.
- Experience of sales process and CRM systems
- Strong experience with project management, estimation/sourcing, proposal, risk & contract management and delivering services
- Excellent organizational, influencing, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to create technical documentation, using professional terminology
- Ability to adapt quickly, prioritize and handle stress
- Willingness to travel internationally
If all this, as well as our mission to clean the world following our values of passion, innovation and trust resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
If you have any questions regarding the process or position, please get in touch with Antti Sallinen, Director Proposal and Estimation Management, +358 40 525 9427, firstname.lastname@example.org, preferred times are the following: November 20th, between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM, December 1st, between 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM, December 5th, between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM.
Please submit your CV and cover letter with salary request and with an optional short video introduction of yourself latest on 10th of December, 2023. Please note however that we will start to process the applications immediately upon receiving them.
Stay in the know
Sign up for our newsletter to learn more about innovations enabling the survival of our dear planet.